Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing #5

Weather is an important and exciting topic for second graders. All my tornado, hurricane, flood, and weather disaster books get checked out when the second grade discusses weather in their science class.
This picture was taken by Frank Peters west of Tuscaloosa, Alabama and accessed through Flickr. I don't have the slightest idea how to give him credit right below the picture. Maybe I'll look at some other blogs and figure out how they did it. Flickr has some great pictures which I am excited about using.
Tornadoes are a topic of mutual interest to Texans and Alabamians. People seem to take them quite seriously here since almost 20 people were killed in a tornado that went down a major street in Huntsville about 20 years ago. That street is just across the mountain from my house. So we all keep watch when the wind begins to blow.

No comments: