Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #9

I was not impressed with School Library Blogs on Suprglu. Many of these people do not appear to be school librarians, and they talk about all kinds of things which I find irrelevant.

I like how EduBloggers categorized blogs by best individual, best library blog, etc. I also thought it was noteworthy that Cathy Nelson did not recommend Blogger and did recommend EduBlog because it is usually not blocked by K-12 (like Blogger is) and it contains a comment feed.

Topix.net was able to find the current news articles I was looking for fairly easily.

Technorati was not helpful in finding educational/library blogs until I noticed the tab at the top which said blogs and clicked on it and repeated my search. Apparently I was just looking at posts before. Now I am seeing some blogs I recognize from other sites. The Read Roger Blog looks like a great way to keep up with Horn Book's reviews.

I would say whatever new site you go to in order to find new RSS feeds, you should spend some time there and be sure you are navigating it correctly before you give up on it. I wish more of the news feeds would list education as a category.

I like to look at the BlogRolls of my favorite blogs to find other great newsfeeds.

No comments: