Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #10

I know I will use the Online Image Generator again and again. I am forever making signs to display new books or programs, and I am not the artistic type so I am always begging someone to draw something. With a color printer and the Image Generator, I can produce all kinds of innovative signs, READ posters, certificates, etc. Students could use this to add short, poignant points to their literary creations.


I would use the image to the right to highlight a group of books which are going to be weeded soon if they are not checked out. A librarian from Clear Creek ISD talked about a garbage can display of these type books to highlight ones that students may have just overlooked. I used the Custom Sign Generator to produce both of these images:
http://www.signgenerator.org/






This image could be used after a Bluebonnet Contest or a schoolwide Reading Survey to find out students' and maybe teachers' favorite authors.




I tried to download an image of an old-fashioned girl to advertise an American Girl Book Club, but it didn't work. I went back to Comic Strip Generators, and copied the HTML and added it to the tab up top which says Edit Html. Sometimes it absolutely astounds me that what I've learned in bits and pieces, here and there, actually works! I was not, however, able to keep the picture on the right side of my text with the HTML.
Made with free image tools @ TXT2PIC.com

Make your own free clipart like this @ www.TXT2PIC.com with free web based tools (hundreds of image generators that run through a web broswer, no software to buy or install).

Made with free image tools @ TXT2PIC.com

I tried to make a Trading Card at http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/deck.php with a picture of a library saved through Flickr, but when I clicked "Create", the site went down. I also am having trouble saving the additions to this post so it may be an Internet problem.

No comments: