Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thing #22

I enjoyed Texas School Librarians Ning and went searching for some faces I haven't seen in awhile. I will probably join it even though I've been exiled to Alabama because there is just so much happening with Texas librarians and I don't want to be left behind.

There are forums, groups to join, shared photos and videos, and gadgets to use. One librarian, Carol Simpson, was not sure how long she would stay in this site because "it is just one more place to keep up with." I can see her point, but among a group who has shared interests, problems, and friends,I can see the usefulness of being able to communicate quickly or being able to look someone up who you know can answer your question.

Teacher Librarian Ning seems a little more sophisticated than the Texas Ning, and I will join it as well. I even saw some lights in Alabama so maybe I can meet a few more librarians around here. I enjoyed the SLJ news posts, the forums, and the podcasts.

Nings appear to be an excellent way for different groups (families, classmates, professionals, etc.) to discuss issues and keep track of important news, polls, links, forums, images, etc.

No comments: