Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing #2

It will be no surprise that Habit *7 (Teaching and Mentoring Others) comes most easily to me. I enjoy sharing knowledge but not in a pushy way. I like learners to stir the pot or sit down at the computer while I am teaching them. Besides reading, of course, I enjoy teaching people about cooking, gardening, finding things on the Internet, the Bible, and sharing ideas on how to raise kids.

Habit #6 (Use technology to my advantage) is the one that is most difficult for me. Technology takes patience and persistence, two qualities which I am sorely lacking in. For example, I discovered iKeepBookmarks.com, and I actually used it on my own iniative because I was tired of not having all my bookmarks for class at home since I do a lot of my graduate work at work. Also, I thought this would be helpful since I've been traveling all over the country between Alabama and Texas, trying to finish this MLS. Anyway, I loaded all my bookmarks. It worked great for a week. And now nothing. iKeepBookmarks has become totally undependable and works about 40% of the time. So now I will have to reload all of my bookmarks into PortaPortal.com which is much more reliable. But it's just frustrating that I took all that time to do something and now I have to do it all over again. Am I whining? Yes. Will it take me less time now that I've done it once. I hope so.

No comments: